The Stone Castle


The Stone Castle has played host to the Tennessee High Vikings for over 70 years. The Castle first opened it's doors on October 8, 1936. At this time, both Tennessee High and Virginia High played their home football games there, making the annual "V-T" game all the more important. The stadium was built by the Works Progress Administration as part of Franklin Roosevelt's "New Deal." Many of the teenagers helping in the construction would also play in the first games held in the Castle. Today, the Stone Castle is as recognizable as a symbol of Tennessee High School as the "T" or the "horns." It has played host to many special games and events, including the 16 game home win-streak from 2003-06 and the 2004 Sullivan East game (shown above).